Welcome to California Gully Primary School situated in Staley Street, California Gully and geographically located between Bendigo and Eaglehawk. The school was opened in 1883 and is known as 'Bell Topper Hill'. Our motto is 'Small School - Big Results'.
We have a dedicated teaching staff who provide a well-balanced, challenging and engaging school program. We aim to:
- provide students with the skills and knowledge to contend with a very dynamic 21st century in which creativity, cooperative work, resilience, connectedness to the world and adaptability are key features.
- provide an engaging and inclusive school curriculum
- communicate and model a school culture of high expectations
- students must have high expectations of themselves to reach their potential
- assist students to develop positive attitudes and acquire skills that will equip them for their future.
- provide a supportive and stimulating school environment where each child is encouraged to reach his/her potential
The School Values at California Gully Primary School are Respect, Personal Best and Care. These values were developed in collaboration with the entire school community and are reflected through the behaviours and actions of all school members.
Our current enrolment in 2018 is 123. Our school staff profile consists of: 6 classroom teachers; specialist teachers working the areas of science, physical education, library and our language program.
Teaching staff are employed to provide both intervention and extension program for many of our students. Teaching staff work closely together to identify the various needs of our students and initiate programs as required. This ensures we personalise the learning so all children can achieve a level of success.
A Well-being Officer is employed for three days week. The wellbeing of students and the relationships which exist between students, staff and parents is paramount and healthy relationships are the foundation for social, emotional and academic growth. To this end we have embraced the KidsMatter initiative and implemented a number of social and emotional programs that continue to have a positive effect on our students.
Other initiatives implemented over the past year incudes; SMART Spelling, the e-smart program which complements our extremely successful ICT program, Berry Street Philosophy and Club's Program, as we strive to empower the students to make decisions about our school's future.
At California Gully Primary School we educate students to be lifelong learners and well informed and productive community members who are well prepared to become active, engaged and responsible citizens of the local and global community.